31 Days of Learning to Breathe: Enjoying the Inhale and the Exhale



Friends, I need to practice enjoying the inhale and exhale. Especially today. I have spent several hours scouring around online at job search websites and looking for creative ideas for work at home jobs. It's exhausting. I work for a wonderful older lady part time, but am needing to either find full time work or additional part time work so I can continue working for her, which would be ideal. This is my current, needing to learn to breathe situation. Not a crisis, not end of the world, but it is my current world, and taking up time, and when you have been out of the "work world" for as long as I have, it can be stress producing. 



I love, love, love being home. Not because I'm lazy, but because I love caring for my family. So while finding something I could do from home would be wonderful, it's also not guaranteed to bring in money as quickly as going out into the work world would to accomplish some of our goals (finish our house, pay off our house, save some retirement). It can be easy to forget to breathe, and today, for just a bit, I did. I wasn't really enjoying the inhaling and exhaling. I was just sucking air and exhaling air that was not serving me well. 

It's so important that we learn to enjoy inhaling and exhaling. That we take time to inhale all the amazing fragrances of life around us. Whether actual scents or the fragrance of laughter, of peace, of contentment. We need to learn to exhale that which isn't serving us, and then also exhale joy, peace, whatever we need or someone else might need. Maybe you're having a bad day. The checker in the grocery store doesn't need you to exhale your irritation on her. Maybe you hold anger towards someone or something. Do we need to exhale that anger to other people? 

Today, focus on the inhale and the exhale. Make it intentional, make it beautiful. If you need to do it deeply time and again, do it. As many times as needed. 



With Joy Unquenchable,

Comments

Popular Posts