Recipe: Ricotta Pizza

I think I mentioned in a previous post how much I love ricotta. I had about half a container left in the fridge and was trying to think of what to do with it. I had been snacking on it whether on a spoon, on a piece of crostini, even on a piece of toast topped with spinach and an egg (which was amazing too, by the way). Tonight I decided to use it to top a pizza. YUM! So good. I guess you could call it an open faced Calzone. LOL. 

I'm not always the best at experimenting. I'm usually afraid I'm going to ruin something and waste money and food. I'm working on that. 


 So, for a different twist on pizza give this recipe a try. 

Ingredients:

Easy Pizza Dough recipe
ricotta cheese (your preference as to how thick you want it. I used a little less than half a large container on a large pizza)
garlic powder
pepper
Chopped fresh parsley
Pizza sauce
Mozzarella and parmesan cheeses, shredded
Additional toppings: Chopped Kale, mushrooms, tomato, pepper, meat, etc..

Instructions:

Combine ricotta cheese with garlic powder and pepper to taste. Add chopped parsley, however much you desire. 
Top ricotta with sauce (I make my own with tomato sauce, italian seasoning, garlic powder and onion powder), then cheeses and additional toppings!
Bake at 375 20-30 minutes until desired doneness. 

I feel like pizza is so personal and flexible that if you just have the "foundations" you can do anything else you want and it would work. 
With Joy UNquenchable,

Comments

Popular Posts