Recipe: Chunky Monkey Ice Cream Bites


Looking for a new sweet treat to make? Maybe to wind down the summer. I may have found it, and chances are you have everything in your kitchen.

A few weeks ago a video showed up on my FB page from Yum Sugar for Chunky Monkey Ice Cream Bites. I, of course, "shared" it so that I could refer back to it. Of course, when I went to find it, it was nowhere to be found so I set out on a google search...phew! Found it. The video is nice as a visual aid (I am very visual....I always appreciate pictures and videos that go along with recipes). They turned out super yummy and not too difficult though a bit time consuming. These are perfect for a hot day treat..for me, popping just one in my mouth satisfied my sweet tooth. 

As summer is winding down and leaves are falling from the trees it's nice to pull out something that helps us hold on to the final days ( I know, I know..we technically still have a month left of summer, but a month goes by so fast). 

Ingredients:

3 bananas, sliced into 1" pieces and frozen slightly
chopped chocolate
1 tsp. vanilla
chocolate chips or chocolate for melting
chopped walnuts
pinch of salt

Instructions:

1. Place frozen bananas, a pinch of salt and vanilla into a food processor and blend until smooth and creamy. 
2. Place mixture into a bowl and stir in chopped chocolate. Place in freezer for a couple hours or until set.
3. Using a melon baller or mini-scoop, scoop out balls of "ice cream" and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Place in freezer and let set overnight.
4. Melt chocolate. Once you remove balls from freezer, work quickly to dip in chocolate, then place back on parchment paper, sprinkle with walnuts. Place back in freezer until ready to serve. Enjoy!


With Joy UNquenchable,

Comments

Popular Posts