Recipe: Bubble Pizza

When my girls were younger a favorite recipe was "Bubble Pizza". I had forgotten all about it, but then a few weeks ago when I was attempting to remember some older recipes to bring back. This one popped in to my head. It was fun for my girls to cut the biscuits in to little pieces (with kid scissors of course) and put them in the pan. It's quick, easy and very adaptable. 

For this version, I attempted to find organic biscuits but didn't have enough time and the ones I did find at Fred Meyers cost more than what I had on me to spend. Anyways, it's a fun meal and the kids can totally get involved in this.

Ingredients:
1 lb. ground beef
2 containers refrigerated biscuits
1-2 jars pizza sauce (or 1-2 cans tomato sauce seasoned with Italian seasoning)
shredded mozzarella
optional ingredients:
mushrooms
pepperoni
peppers
onion
olives
cheddar cheese

Instructions:

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease a 9 x 13 baking pan. 
2. Cut biscuits in to quarters and spread in bottom of pan. 

3. In a skillet cook ground beef. Cook over medium high heat until evenly browned. Drain excess fat. Stir in pizza sauce or homemade sauce. At this point you can stir in some of the other ingredients, but what I do is spread the sauce mixture over the biscuits and then add other toppings. 

4. Bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes. Sprinkle top with cheese and bake for another 5-10 minutes until cheese is melted. Let stand 10 minutes before serving...but haha, who can really ever wait that long. We eat it right away. 
It's quick, easy and even yummy eaten the next day. Enjoy!




With Joy UNquenchable,

Comments

  1. My kids would think this was great. My daughter, especially, loves to help in the kitchen. I'll have to give this a try.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts