Secret Recipe Club: Garlicky Grilled BLT Sandwich

I love The Secret Recipe Club. I am so glad I discovered it several years ago. I'm not even sure how long it's been. Every month we are assigned a blog and we choose a recipe from that blog to make and then post on our reveal day. It's fun.

This month I was paired with Sarah from Fantastical Sharing of Recipes. She is a lot like me in the sense that her family rarely eats out and she's not big on "out of the box" meals. I love her idea of cooking through all the recipes she's hoarded...can I get an amen! I have so many recipes it's not funny. She is married and has two cute kiddos. She sounds like a really fun gal. 

I pinned 6 different recipes on my "secret" Secret Recipe Club board. It was hard to decide. I was going to make her Snickerdoodle Muffins, but then realized that this was featured by someone last month so I didn't want to repeat, even though they looked so very good. I love grilled cheese so I chose her Garlic Toasted Grilled BLT Cheese, because how could this be anything but amazing! I mean, REALLY! GaRlIc, BaCoN, and ChEeSe!!!! Perfection.

This sandwich was amazing! In fact we made it again today for lunch, using turkey because I was out of bacon. I changed up the cheese because I had bought a new, yummy one from Costco that I wanted to try, but I think the showstopper is in the outer goodness of butter and garlic. 

Ingredients:

Sourdough Bread
Minced Garlic
Bacon, cooked
Sliced Tomatoes
Shredded Mozzarella
Shredded Parmesan
Lettuce
Butter

**Note: I used Port Salut Cheese from Costco, and Micro Greens from Trader Joes instead of lettuce. 

Instructions:

1. Assemble sandwich. Cheese, bacon, tomato, lettuce, more cheese.
2. Melt a few tablespoons of butter in a pan. Add about a tablespoon minced garlic. Stir slightly.
3. Place sandwich on pan and brown on both sides. 
4. Remove from pan and consume. Oh, and repeat if making more than one sandwich. 





With Joy UNquenchable,

Comments

  1. Awesome choice! I am drooling over here, and it's not even time for lunch yet!

    hope you are enjoying your Reveal Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, the crispy, buttery bread on this looks SO GOOD. I also love that you used microgreens-- such a fun twist!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know...and I loved the micro greens...so yummy!

      Delete
  3. I don't make nearly enough sandwiches. Definitely need to fix that and this seems a great place to start. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. this was a fun change up! The next day I did it again but just used garlic salt mixed with the butter. just as good

      Delete
  4. What a great choice for src this month. this is a delicious recipe!! can't wait to try it with some sprouts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous pick! Even though I'm full and another blog made me want brownies your photos make this look mouth watering-ly delicious. I am immediately pinning this on a not so secret blog inspiration board! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fancy, adult BLT! I love the added garlic. Great pick! I would eat thing right up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm drooling - that looks absolutely phenomenal. Great pick this month!!! Yumm!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gosh this looks delicious! I want a sandwich right now! Isn't Sarah's blog wonderful?

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG, Kirstin, that is one amazing looking sandwich - it's making me very hungry right now. I never would have thought of the garlic, but it's an amazing addition.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am a sucker for a GOOD sandwich and yes, this sandwich completely makes me drool! Fabulous SRC pick Darlin'! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh, this sounds SO wonderful = what a great choice for the SRC!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts