Secret Recipe Club: Gluten-Free Crepes

 

It is that time of the month once again and I can say I'm looking forward to the next few months of reveals since the holidays are coming up and it's fall right now..I'm envisioning finding amazing, cozy, yummy recipes in my upcoming Secret Recipe Club assignments. 

The Secret Recipe Club is a fun group of bloggers. Every month members are assigned a "secret" blog within whose pages they must find a recipe to make and share with other bloggers on their scheduled "reveal day". It has been so fun for me to participate in. Though sometimes I feel completely inadequate at times when it comes to my pictures as opposed to some majorly great food photography and staging..but it just comes down to the fact that I typically do not have time to "stage" my food..so, I just learn to be content with what I can manage, and drool over everyone else's posts. 

This month I was assigned the blog 84th & 3rd. JJ is based in Sydney, Au though born in America.


"JJ is a recipe developer, photographer, writer, designer, runner, yogi, itchy-feet traveler, 
NYC tragic and tea drinker." 
84th & 3rd.

She seems like a really fun gal! Maybe I need to visit Australia sometime. Take time to go pay her a visit on her About me page. I loved that she had an amazing array of recipes and many of them were Vegan or Gluten Free and I'm always trying to find new recipes in these categories.

It wasn't hard to pick a recipe, okay, yes it was, there were several I wanted to try. This last month we have been going wheat free so when I came across one of my daughters's favorite breakfasts in a GF version, I knew that would be what I made. They LOVE crepes. Her GF version was a hit. Even my picky eater came back for seconds. They didn't taste like regular flour crepes, but they were good. I think I made them a bit thick, but no one complained. I didn't make the fruit compote. My girls like to add their own goodies and I'm a simple lemon juice and powdered sugar kind of gal. 


On to the recipe....this is short and sweet. I do not have a crepe pan, I just used a non-stick large skillet. 


Gluten Free Crepes

1 c. brown rice flour
1 1/4 c. rice milk (I used almond milk)
2 eggs
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. salt

Combine all ingredients and mix well. Batter will be runny. 

Preheat pan and lightly "grease" pan using butter, coconut oil or even cooking spray.

Using a scant 1/4 c. pour batter in pan swirling to create a thin layer in the pan. Cook one minute, flip and cook for another minute. Keep it going until batter is all used up!

My girls love to layer theirs with fresh fruit, powdered sugar and lemon juice, and of course, if we have whipping cream, they love homemade whipped cream on them. 

Thanks JJ for the great recipe! Can't wait to try others. For more great recipes check out the others below. 






With Joy UNquenchable,

Comments

  1. They look like they turned out great, thanks for visiting for SRC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great GF recipe. I have some brown rice flour and would love to try them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! I love crepes and it makes me happy to find gluten free ones! Great SRC pick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! I love crepes and it makes me happy to find gluten free ones! Great SRC pick!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How delicious...and it looks like your crepes turned out perfectly! Great pick this month :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice version of crepes, I had no idea they could be made gluten-free... nice thing to keep in mind!

    Hope you had a nice Reveal Day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow I've never seen a gluten free crepe before and this looks fab! Great SRC pick.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yummy!!! Love crepes - great SRC choice this month!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How clever with the rice flour! I've never tried making crepes before and I'm a little intimidated. This looks pretty easy. Thanks for the step-by-step.

    ReplyDelete
  10. YUMmmmmm, the almond milk sounds like a delicious choice for the GF crepes.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts