Life and a Recipe: Crock-Pot Salsa Chicken

Wow! It's hard to believe it has been over a week since I've posted. Not sure if it's because I haven't really made any new recipes, or that nothing overly exciting has happened in life or that I just haven't taken the time to sit down and write something, or possibly all of thee above, or perhaps none of thee above.


Life has been busy with our girls in full swing of school and soccer. I'm sure many of you have busy lives and trying to keep healthy meals on the table can get tricky. I'm sure there are some days  you wish you were a fast food, grab it out of the freezer, pop it in the microwave family. Sometimes I wish that. I also seem to forget that I have a crockpot and that I should take full advantage of it on days when my girls have soccer games and I want a hot meal ready when we get home. 


I'm learning! Last week I made chili ahead of time so that at whatever point during the day my family wanted to eat they could. I brought some to Kait at the HS to take with her on the bus ride to her soccer game. The rest of us ate it when we wanted. 


Yesterday I was perusing some of the "31 Days" posts, and one of my favorites is Jessica's blog, This Blessed Life. She is featuring 31 Days of Cleaner Eating. I'm loving it. The other day she posted a recipe that was like an answer to prayer. The cupboards are looking pretty bare right now (almost payday) and I just wasn't sure what I was going to make that would be quick. When I saw the post for the recipe I was so excited because I had all the items in my house and it would be perfect for when we got home from soccer (which was cold and rainy). I was not disappointed. This recipe is a real winner and I will be making it again!


Really, only 3 ingredients are necessary, then you can add whatever you want to it and serve it however you'd like. I served ours on tortilla's with some brown rice that I had made earlier that day and then only needed to heat up. Add cheddar cheese, some plain greek yogurt and it's to die for!
Ingredients: 4 chicken breasts, 2 c. chunky salsa, 1 can black beans
Place chicken in crockpot then top with salsa and beans. Cook on low for 4-6 hours or till chicken is cooked through. Remove and shred, then place back in crockpot. We served ours on flour tortillas with refried beans, rice, shredded cheese and plain greek yogurt. You could also simply serve it over rice.



With Joy UNquenchable,

Comments

  1. I love crockpot recipes - just throw it in the pot and BOOM, a yummy, healthy dinner. Bookmarking this - it looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've done that in my crock pot too! It's SO tastey. The only thing that I added was cream cheese (fat free of course) and then served it over brown rice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my favorites! What I love is that my kids have learned to stretch meals by adding beans! Yeah!

    Happy Sat.

    Two soccer games for us and it's Abby's bday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's good look and yummy recipes. excellent this post

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts