Recipe: Banana Nut Cornbread

 This past weekend our church hosted a youth conference. Our girls stayed in host homes, along with many of their friends (another post later), but because they were gone, I wanted to make something special for them to share with their girlfriends and leaders. 

We were hosting three of our young adult guys (one was our youth pastor...his house was being used to host about 15 high school girls...and the other two guys were helping him out with various tasks and since we are so close to the church it made sense for them to stay here.



I wanted to make them something yummy too. On the day I decided this, I didn't have a lot of extra time and remembered the recipe for Banana Nut Cornbread that I have made in the past. I found the recipe in a Taste of Home magazine. It's quick, really quick, easy and can be made and in and out of the oven in 30 minutes. Plus, I LOVE cornbread and I LOVE banana bread, so this was perfect!!!

Only a few simple ingredients are needed:

2 boxes (or packages) Cornbread (I use Jiffy)
1 c. milk
1 c. mashed bananas
walnuts, optional
chocolate chips, optional

Combine cornbread, milk and bananas. Mix well. Add chocolate chips and walnuts. Bake at 350 in either a well greased loaf pan, or greased muffin pans. Bake for 20-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. 


So different and so yummy!!!


I'm linking this recipe to the following linky parties:


Tuesday on:

and Wednesday on:

I get so many awesome menu ideas from these blogs. Take time to check them out this week.




With Joy UNquenchable,

Comments

  1. I love the idea of combining bananas and cornbread. I bet it makes the cornbread very moist. Thanks for sharing this idea with the Hearth and soul Hop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this makeover of banana bread.looks delicious. thanks for sharing with hearth and soul blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!
    Just wanted to let you know that I featured you on Savory Sunday this week! Have a great rest of your weekend!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts