Recipe: Honey Greek Yogurt and Fruit Parfaits...with a twist!

 This morning I was thinking of a recipe to post and just didn't feel like taking the time to look. I haven't really made anything new recently so sharing a recipe was going to require some digging. Well, I never got around to it.


Today was the day for a staff lunch at hubby's office (the church), and we were going up to our Pastor's house for this lunch. The menu was simple and light, yummy mixed salad with a variety of toppings and dressings, and do it yourself sandwiches, which were yummy! But then came dessert. 


In simple, clear, plastic drinking cups (who says dessert has to be fancy to be pretty and tasty), she served up fruit and yogurt parfaits....and the twist...fresh basil, and chocolate...go figure!!! I wish I would have taken a picture...I'll just have to make them myself and re-post. 


Here's what you need:


Honey flavored Greek Yogurt
fresh basil leaves, cut in thin, short pieces
strawberries 
bananas
chocolate chips
coconut (I didn't have this on mine)
whipping cream (I think, I didn't really notice what she melted the chocolate with)


In a parfait glass, or simple clear, plastic cup layer yogurt, sliced fruit and basil, continue a few more times, then top with melted chocolate and coconut if desired! The basil gave it a slight kick and adding the chocolate to it, jazzed this dessert up immensely.


I'm sharing this recipe at the following locations:


I'm linking this recipe to the following linky parties:


Tuesday on:

and Wednesday on:

I get so many awesome menu ideas from these blogs. Take time to check them out this week.







With Joy UNquenchable,

Comments

  1. What a wonderful dessert idea! I enjoy surprising combinations of flavors. Thanks for sharing this recipe with the Hearth and Soul Hop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the unique flavor combinations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful way to eat healthy! thanks for sharing this with the Hearth n Soul hop.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts