Simple, Yummy, Nutritious Dinner....

I love Teriyaki! Teriyaki ANYTHING!!! I just LOVE IT! Get the picture?

The other day I was shopping and thinking of what I wanted to make for dinner over the next week. One meal I thought sounded good was...DrUmRoLl please:

I was going to buy some teriyaki sauce, but didn't care for the price of them and the ingredients on some bottles, so I decided I'd try making it myself. I perused the internet and found this recipe at Once Upon a Dream blog. I'll share it below but please go stop by and say hi to this great blog. She has some great recipes, random posts and just seems like a neat gal. The sauce was so yummy! Definitely making it again.

This meal was fairly quick to put together once I found a sauce recipe. The sauce took less than 10 minutes to make, the beans are done in about 15 minutes, the chicken tenders in about 20 minutes and the noodles in less than 10. So I really think this meal could be on the table in about 30-35 minutes, maybe a bit more if you count finding and prepping your ingredients. I hunted all through my cupboards looking for ginger because I was so sure I had some...but I didn't. It still turned out amazing. 



I used the sauce to baste my chicken tenders and then also poured it over the noodles before topping with beans and chicken. I finished it off with some seasoned sliced almonds. It was a perfectly satisfying meal. I can't wait to try this sauce on grilled chicken. I cooked mine in the oven last night.

Teriyaki Sauce (printable recipe)
From Once Upon A Dream Blog 


Ingredients
1/2 C Soy Sauce
1 C Water
1/2 t Ground ginger (or fresh if you have it)
1-2 Cloves of garlic, minced
2T chopped green onion
5T Brown sugar
2 T Honey
2T Corn starch or tapioca flour
1/4 C Cold water
 
Directions
Combine first 7 ingredients in a small sauce pan. Heat just until it starts to bubble. In a small bowl combine the corn starch and 1/4 cup of water and stir well. Add the corn starch mixture to the sauce and heat while stirring until sauce thickens, this will be very fast. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature. Use as a marinade or basting sauce, or to just pour over noodles or rice.
 
This is a meal that would be perfect to serve for company even last minute. It's also a great example that homemade can be quick and easy. I'm all about making as much as I can from scratch because more times than not, it's better for you.
 
One thing I didn't have time to do was take pictures. Next time. Go make this meal and enjoy. Better make a lot because everyone is going to ask for more.
 
 
With Joy UNquenchable,

Comments

  1. I LOVE teriyaki sauce too! I just saw this somewhere else and was interested, I should make some. We make turkey broccoli slaw teriyaki wraps almost every week. It's our favorite! In fact, I'm making them tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts