Tasty Tuesday: Mediterranean Marinade

 A few weeks ago we were having company for lunch after church. The decision was made last minute the night before so there was no time to go to the store. We were going to be hosting the speakers that were doing a conference at church. 

Thankfully another friend was coming as well and she and I put our heads together and decided on the following menu. Marinated chicken Kabobs (though I ended up taking them off the kabobs because the sticks kept catching on fire even after I soaked them overnight), brown rice, salad, hummus with pita bread and a yummy tomato and cucumber salad. People had the option to eat the rice and chicken on pita or simply on their plate. We also served a Spicy Ginger sauce on the side. It was a success!

We decided on a Mediterranean marinade since, well we were going to eat pita and hummus and cucumbers and tomatoes. I perused the internet and found this recipe. I had no time to take pictures )C: but just take my word for it and try it. If I'd of had more yogurt I would have made extra to put on top or use as a dipping sauce. 



Ingredients:
1/2 c. plain greek yogurt
1 Tbs. Dijon mustard (I might have added a bit more)
3 Tbs. olive oil
1 tsp. paprika
1 tsp. dill
1/2 tsp. thyme
dash of salt

Combine all ingredients and pour over chicken or meat of choice. Marinate several hours or overnight. 


I'm linking this up with Tasty Tuesday!



With Joy UNquenchable,

Comments

Popular Posts