Roasting Beets

I have been wanting to try roasting beets for awhile. I'm sure there are several ways to do it, but yesterday I didn't have a ton of time to research the various ways. I found two in a row that suggested the same way and decided that's what I'd do.

It was simple and they tasted good. I haven't gotten to enjoy them yet but I can't wait to.



What to do? Wash beets well, slice off top and bottom of beets (the first recipe I read didn't mention this, so I left them on) and place on a piece of foil (try and keep them of similar sizes), drizzle with a bit of olive oil. 
Fold up foil, place on a baking sheet and bake at 450 for an hour or until tender. I used tongs and a toothpick to see how soft they were.
 I read that doing them in the foil allows them to carmelize in their juices. I need to taste the ones I boiled to see if they really taste different.
Allow to cool. Once cool, peel, and eat your favorite way. A friend of mine said she was going to make a beet and goat cheese salad.

With Joy UNquenchable,

Comments

  1. Don't keep us hanging! I want to know how they TASTED!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never cooked beets. In fact I don't think I have even had them since I was a kid.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts