Tasty Tuesday: Lemon Poppyseed Cake....in a Jiffy!


 I hadn't planned on submitting anything for Tasty Tuesday because I've been busy.....cooking and baking.....go figure! I've also been getting ready for my Pampered Chef Party tonight (I love Pampered Chef, and actually used several items while cooking and baking). 

Yesterday I had to run my youngest into the Radiologist (about 25 minutes from home) for a scoliosis screening (her doctor noticed a very slight curve and wanted this done just so we can keep an eye on it). We got back home and they called me to say they needed one more view. Are you serious?? So this morning we ran back and within 5 minutes we were done and out of there!

For my Pampered Chef Party, we are making Chicken Penne Al Fresca. I will share the recipe next week if I like it. I'm also serving Texas Caviar and Lemon Poppyseed Cake. The Lemon Poppyseed Cake is the reason I'm posting for Tasty Tuesday. 

As I was mixing the ingredients and subsequently tasting the batter (shhhhh) I thought, "Oh my goodness...people have got to make this". My kitchen smelled of it's lemony goodness! Not only that, but in about 35 minutes it was mixed, baked and pulled out of the oven. I think it was more like 30 but I didn't time it so I'm not positive.

What you need:

1 Lemon Cake Mix
1 small box Instant Lemon Pudding
1/2 c. oil
1 c. water
4 eggs
1/4 c. poppyseeds

Heat oven to 350. Grease 2 loaf pans. Mix all ingredients and separate between the two pans. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Let cool (or not) and thoroughly indulge!!

With Joy UNquenchable,

Comments

Popular Posts