Recipe: Peanut Butter Blossoms

Nan and Kat are going to a "Halloween" party tomorrow night for their small groups. Nan is supposed to bring 2 dozen cookies. She requested that I buy the ingredients to make Peanut Butter Blossoms. Can I just say that these are my undoing.....I love peanut butter, and I love chocolate. This is a deadly combination. Our friend Sarah came over and helped her make them. She's made them before and I haven't so I figured, lets get an experienced Peanut Butter Blossom maker to help you out Nan! Oh my!! They are soo good. Especially right out of the oven. I thought I'd share the recipe.
Peanut Butter Blossoms
(Printable Recipe) 
1 3/4 c. flour 1/2 c. sugar 1/2 c. peanut butter (smooth) 1/2 c. brown sugar, packed 1 tsp. baking soda 1/2 tsp. salt 1/2 c. shortening 2 tbsp. milk 1 tsp. vanilla 1 pkg. Hershey Kisses
Mix all ingredients together except for Kisses. Drop by spoonful, shape into ball, roll in sugar.
Bake at 375 degrees 10 to 12 minutes on ungreased cookie sheet. Remove from oven. Press Kiss on cookie and let cool.
I also received the Kraft Family and Food magazine and inside was a recipe for an amazing looking peanut butter chocolate pie. The girls and I drooled over it and Kat said I could make it for her birthday! Oh Yah!!!
With Joy UNquenchable,

Comments

Popular Posts