Recipe: Mixed Berry Tartlets

As promised (though a few days late) I'm posting the recipe for the Mixed Berry Tartlets I made for company a few weeks ago. What I liked about this other than it's simplicity, was that it was light, refreshing and fairly lower in calories than the Peanut Butter Pound Cake I normally make. Everyone raved over how good they were and they will definitely go on the list to make again! Unfortunately because I was running around that day I did not photograph my own so I borrowed BHG picture (which is where I got the recipe).






 Printable Recipe

Ingredients:

1 15-oz pkg. rolled refrigerated unbaked pie crusts (2 crusts)
non stick cooking spray
2 Tbs. Sugar
1 Tbs. Cornstarch (I recommend using more...maybe 2-3 Tbs)
1 12-oz pkg frozen mixed berries (I bought 2 and used about 1 1/2 bags)
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
1/3 c. whipping cream
1/4 c. purchased lemon curd
1 tsp. sugar
1/4 tsp. vanilla

1. Let pie crusts stand at room temperature for 15 minutes. Preheat oven to 400. Lightly coat twelve 2 1/2-inch muffin cups with cooking spray. For pastry shells, unroll pie crusts. Use a 3 1/2-4" round cutter to cut 6 rounds from each crust. Press rounds into prepared muffin cups, pleating to fit.

2. For filling, in a medium bowl combine 2 Tbs. sugar, cornstarch, berries and lemon juice. Spoon into pastry. Bake for 20 minutes or until pastry is golden. Cool in muffin cups for 5 minutes, carefully remove tartlets.

3. In a medium bowl combine whipping cream, lemon curd, 1 tsp. sugar and vanilla; beat with wire whisk or with electric mixer until cream mixture mounds and is fluffy. Spoon on tartlets.

**Note** My lemon curd/whipping cream mixture did not get mounded and fluffy...I think next time I'll whip the cream first and then fold it together with the curd.


With Joy UNquenchable,

Comments

  1. yummo! They look delicious!! Berries are an absolute fave of mine.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts