Kitchen Tip Tuesday: Roasted Veggie Tip

We all know that not all veggies cook at the same rate. That's really a no brainer. But sometimes what we don't know is that with just a little prep work we can combine many yummy veggies together into kabobs, or roasted veggies and have a great dish without the uncooked crunch we all dread. Last week I roasted some veggies but knew that many would cook faster than others. My solution? I steamed my carrots and even my beans ahead of time. Just till they were slightly tender. I added some broccoli in right at the end to steam for about 5 minutes. Then I combined it with squash, zucchini, mushrooms and red peppers, tossed with olive oil and seasonings and popped it in the oven to roast. Perfect!! For Kabobs, cook items like potatoes, carrots, onion for about 5 minutes or until just slightly tender, then cool quickly in water and add to your kabobs!! Head over to Tammy's Recipes for more great tips. With Joy UNquenchable,

Comments

  1. Thanks for sharing how you cook your veggies. It is sometimes hard to plan for varying cooking times. You do have to think about it though.

    Thanks for the reminder and sharing your methods.

    Shari

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts