Today's the Day

My grandma and the girls 2 years ago on Daytona Beach
Today is the day. What day? The day my grandma arrives!! At 4:45 her plane will land and to say that we are excited is an understatement. We are ECSTATIC!! It has been 2 years since we've seen her. That was when we went to Florida and honestly we felt like it wasn't enough time. She is an amazing woman (she and my mom were so much alike, and I'm proud to say my hubby thinks I'm like them). She will be visiting for 2 weeks and it's going to be wonderful. The weekend is looking nice....YIPEE! I planned a BBQ for Saturday praying the weather would cooperate. It looks like it's going my way. Today I'm going to grocery shop...in a few hours actually. I'm thinking I'll make spaghetti for dinner since I can do most of it ahead of time and then I'll just need to make the noodles and bread when we get home from the airport. Tomorrow is supposed to be a nice day. I may try to get my garden in. Tomorrow afternoon we'll go watch Nan play indoor soccer and then head up to my sisters to watch her kids play t-ball, then back home. BBQ on Saturday and hopefully take some pictures of all the kids and great grandma. My cousin, his wife and their little girl may come as well. I hope they make it. That would be awesome. Sunday we'll just hang out around the house and possibly help my inlaws move (they just got the keys to their new house). I was at their new house yesterday for about 4 hours helping pick out paint colors and measuring rooms. We'll pack and get ready for our trip. Monday we leave for the beach for 3 days!! After that, I'm not sure what we'll do. I'd like to go to Multnomah Falls and Mt. St. Helens, maybe the Farmers Market too. This morning I heard the familiar PECK-PECK-PECK of a woodpecker that I've been hearing the last few mornings. I headed outside with my camera to find him, but no luck. He's hiding. Speaking of cameras, I've been perusing online just looking at lenses and camera upgrades (yikes...spendy). Well, I'm going to see if hubby would like some oatmeal for breakfast. If I'm not around much the next few weeks it's because I just don't have time to get on here....I'll be enjoying my grandma. If I have a few minutes I'll try to post but no promises. I know that my HUGE audience will miss me (LOL).
Isn't this a pretty picture. It's a bit blurry and has nothing to do with this post, but I wanted to share it. A gal at our church often does prophetic paintings during worship and this was one she did awhile back. I loved it so much and so we bought it. It goes perfect with our house and she titled it Passion Flower. I love that! I want to have such a passion for God!
With Joy UNquenchable,

Comments

Popular Posts