Yummy Breakfast Cookies

This morning I tried the recipe that Lynne posted for Breakfast Cookies. My hubby has been wanting a cookie that doesn't have much sugar and this was a great option. They are very filling so really could count as a breakfast. I thought of putting them into a bar pan and cooking them as a bar, or else forming them into a bit of a rectangular shaped cookie.
I was very pleased with how they turned out. I did a few things different. We're not huge raisin fans, so I used half raisins and half dried cranberries. I also added some walnuts because we love nuts. I also found some organic brown rice crisp cereal. All in all this turned out to be a good and healthy recipe. Make them and enjoy! Stop by Lynnes and check out some of her other recipes.

(Printable Recipe)
Breakfast Cookies
1 cup crunchy peanut butter
3/4 cup honey
1/2 cup oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs
2 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 cup quick cooking oatmeal
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup crispy rice cereal
1 cup raisins
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix together peanut butter, honey, oil, vanilla, and eggs. Mix well. Mix in flour, oats, baking powder, soda, and salt. Stir in cereal and raisins.
On a greased baking sheet place rounded tablespoons of cookie dough. Flatten slightly and bake for 12 minutes. You do not want to over bake these. Store in an airtight container.
I did have a picture to post, but my internet is being very fussy today! Maybe I'll get it posted tomorrow.
With Joy UNquenchable,

Comments

  1. Yes, these cookies do look yummy.

    Last time I made oatmeal cookies I used dried cranberries instead of raisins. My hubby and I liked them much better that way. I wonder what they would taste like with the flavored dried cranberries? You know how you can get them like in an orange flavor... I bet that's yummy, too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts