BBQ Time.....or so I thought!

The weather here has been just beautiful the last few days. Sunday, Monday and Tuesday the temperatures were in the upper 70's, lower 80's. We even turned the AC on for the first time. Well, that all changed yesterday. It cooled down incredibly and was quite windy (though I loved working outside and listening to the wind whistling through the trees) and this morning the skies are dark, it's cold and raining! What is up with that.
When the weather begins to clear up and warm up I cannot wait to bust the grill out and start BBQing. In December I bought a grill basket from Pampered Chef and have been itching to use it. I got that opportunity on Tuesday night. It was the perfect day to BBQ. I invited one of the single guys from our church over (he actually lived with us for awhile and is just a great guy). The girls also planned a bonfire for later that evening. They invited about 15 people and planned what everyone would bring (the girls love to plan and entertain...I'll post on that later). But for dinner, it was just our family and our friend. What did we have? Grilled baby red potatoes that were seasoned with olive oil, garlic powder, parsley, salt and pepper, Grilled salmon and sauteed asparagus! Oh, my!! So good! The bonfire was so much fun as well. It's always fun to get together with friends.
Salmon and baby reds waiting to be grilled to perfection!
roasted beautifully!!
We've been prepping our yard to plant some grass and plant my garden and that's what we did for most of the day Tuesday and Wednesday. Well, that's what I did. Hubby worked outside on Monday. Tuesday I spent several hours weed eating. Yesterday I spent about an hour spraying weeds. The girls and I then headed off for the nursery to buy some planting compost to add to my garden. Five bags and a workout later (those bags aren't light), I had the compost spread out and ready to till into the ground. I then headed to the front of the house to do a quick leveling of the dirt where the grass will go. By the time I was done I felt like I had worked out at the gym!! It felt so good though to get out and work in the yard. I really do love yard work.
Lilacs given to me from the lady we lived with. I can't wait to plant them.
Even the weeds look pretty in the sun....of course I killed them after I took the picture.
Nan and I are going to town today to buy vegetable seeds. I need to buy some plants as well, but I'll buy those when I'm ready to plant which hopefully will be next week. We'll also stop at Costco and a few other places. Hubby and Kat are gone at a conference in Kirkland, Wa and should come home sometime later today. It was just Nan and I yesterday afternoon and evening so we made homemade pizza, reeses peanut butter bars and rented a few movies. Of course she had to sleep with me. I love hanging with my girls. I know this post is fairly random, sorry about that. I still haven't quite figured out how to be more eloquent in my writing . I just write what comes to my mind and sometimes if I don't write it all at once I either forget or never get around to posting again. You'll just have to take me as I am!
With Joy UNquenchable,

Comments

  1. How did the bbq pan work? I want one! We are bbqing tomorrow.

    It wasn't nice up here when it was there but this weekend looks good. I hope to have my garden in by the end of next week, and hopefully all of the weeding caught up in the next 2 weeks! We'll see! Hopefully the good weather will hold out for me. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts