A Fun Day

Yesterday I took Kat and two of her friends up to Mt. Hood to snowboard. It proved to be a fun day even though to my dismay, I couldn't get internet access. I had such great plans on how I was going to spend the 5 hours I was to sit in a little lodge while they braved the mountain. I was going to update my sidebars, create a  slideshow, and catch up with all my favorite blogs and sites. Well....that didn't happen. I did organize my pictures and read. 
Kat had her two friends spend the night Sunday because we were going to get up early Monday to head out. It takes us 1 1/2 hours to get to Mt. Hood if the weather is good. I love my daughter's friends. They are so fun and amazing. While they were in bed at 10:00, they giggled and laughed till 11:30. It was fun listening to their joy and laughter. And they so willingly include Nan! 
Monday morning I woke up at 5:45 to get a head start on them, made them waffles, made sure they were up and moving and we were out the door by 7:30. I hadn't eaten so we stopped at my friends coffee drive through and got a white chocolate, peppermint mocha..extra hot and extra sweet as well as a breakfast sandwich. Then off we went.
I managed to get us a little lost....but did find a cool route should I ever want to take a historic, long road trip (but not with 3 teens who want to snowboard)..I managed to still get us to the mountain at a decent time..I probably only lost us 20 minutes and turned around before heading down the "scenic" drive. The weather was so amazing. Clear sky, beautifully groomed slopes (sounds like I know what I'm talking about), and hardly anyone there. 
It really was a perfect day to go. The weather was clear up until about 1:45 when it started to snow/rain. There really weren't a lot of people there which was so nice. They probably had a good 2 hours or more with hardly anyone else on the slope. We left at 3:00, stopped at Wendy's for something to eat and headed home. It was so fun, but we were all tired and so glad to be home!
With Joy UNquenchable,

Comments

  1. Sounds like you had fun minus the lack of internet connection.
    Looks like so much fun and the drive sound beautiful.
    Here I am in Arizona missing the snow. Enjoy some for me!
    Hugs, Bobbi Jo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts