This and That

Isn't this a fun picture? I had taken my camera out into my in-laws yard and found all these mushrooms amongst the flowers. It looked like a little home for fairy's...or whatever. I have the house to myself at the moment....sigh...how nice and rare that is. I am savoring it. The girls have been gone since 10:00. One of our friends had been asked to drive a group of our youth group boys to the mountain for a camping trip and she didn't want to drive down by herself (45 minutes one way), so she called and asked if my girls wanted to go for a ride. Kat actually was joking with us the other day that she wanted to go camping so bad that she'd even go with the boys if they'd let her! So they're still gone...probably out having fun. This gal is one of our dear friends and she and her husband are our assistants in youth group. Hubby is at the property (where else would he be.). I'm doing laundry, cleaning up, and just doing odds and ends here at the house. Actually I just sold a bunch of stuff on ebay, so I needed to print up the sheets, send invoices etc....I think I was a little nuts to list 16 items to end on the same day. Here's the funny thing...as I'm watching my stuff selling I'm thinking "come on, sell for more, sell for more...", and at the same time watching an item to buy I'm thinking "come on, stay low, stay low....". I mean how silly is that (C: But I did make a fair amount and that will be used to buy the girls school supplies and maybe some extra things. I have started reading the book "The Shack" by William P. Young. I'm really enjoying it. I would recommend it. I know there has been controversy, but honestly it's a good book. And I personally think God does not want to be kept in some box that we by our own "religious traditional" thinking have put Him in. It's really portraying both the masculine and feminine side to God and it is just a touching book. I will have a new recipe hopefully Monday to post. Lasagna!! And it's not the traditional lasagna...dare I say, it's almost better....and I'm 1/2 Italian...eeek. It's still Italian, but no ricotta cheese. My hubby has never been a fan of it (the texture I guess), so years ago I found another recipe and just have stuck with it. I have used ricotta in other recipes and he's liked it, but we're all stuck on this lasagna. It's rich and creamy and yummy!! So be on the lookout for that. Well I better go finish up some stuff. I think we're having stuffed zuchinni for dinner tonight. I'll post that recipe as well when I get a chance. With Joy UNquenchable,

Comments

  1. We had lasagna for supper - however, it was the Costco frozen variety :) We worked hard on the forms for our house today, so I am exhausted. Pop it in the oven had my name on it!
    I am looking forward to hearing what you think about "The Shack" - I have been wanting to read it, but just haven't bought it yet. (I have several on my "to read" list that I have to finish first).
    Have a great weekend!
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about the ebay thing! Makes sense to me though!

    I just received "The Shack" as a gift a couple of weeks ago. I'm waiting to read it, as we are reading "The Pilgrim's Progress" aloud at the moment, and I want to finish it before I start another. I'm trying to decide if this will be one I can read aloud to CJ. I've heard it's really good from several people at our church, so I'm looking forward to reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A quiet day for yourself! How fabulous is that!! It is probably much deserved with all you guys have had going on lately.
    I have a few things listed myself on Ebay, but so far no luck. I don't know whay no one wants to buy a piano right now!

    Have a great weekend,
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love taking pictures of the mushrooms that grow in the woods behind our house. We go morel hunting. Do you?

    Blessings!
    Lacy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lacy,

    I have never, ever been mushroom hunting though I have heard of it. This thing was just in the yard.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just letting you know that I *am* planning on the Bea Green Blogorama on Monday, and there will be a giveaway or two involved. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts