Menu Plan Monday

Well, last week I was able to follow my menu pretty well. My split pea soup was wonderful, though only hubby and I liked it. I won't mention what my AD2 thought it looked like. Oh, well! The stroganoff was a hit, and on Saturday for lunch I took the leftover noodles, sauteed them in a little butter with some cabbage, garlic powder, pepper and salt, and topped with sour cream. Yum-O. Here is this weeks menu: Monday: Chicken and spinach stuffed shells, (got this recipe from Paula Deens website) salad. I'd link the recipe, but haven't figure out how to do that yet...maybe I'll play with it later. Tuesday: leftovers Wednesday: chicken soup, half with dumplings, half with noodles. Thursday: Leftovers Friday: Taco Salad...yum! I love crunchy shells, but don't want the grease..so, what I do is ball up some foil and place it on a baking sheet, I then lay flour tortillas over it, spray them with cooking spray and bake in the oven at about 400 till they are crispy. Once they've shaped a bowl and are crispy on the outside, I turn them so the inside can get crispy as well.

Comments

  1. That's a neat tip for the tortillas, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom always made tortilla bowls in her Fry daddy, and they were my favorite, but we are trying to eat healthy and this was a pretty good solution! Someone said you could do something in the microwave, by putting the tortilla over a microwaveable bowl. Haven't tried it yet.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts